Friday, October 31, 2014

I Might (Will?) Be Fired Friday

OK, I don't know what the fuck happened at work today.  He barrels in right before noon and says that we have to go through every single packet we've done because we need to change the codes on some of them.  And then he comes to me and points out that the code I put down is wrong, the implication being that I'm the reason why we have to go through the mess of looking at everything.  Was it wrong?  Fuck if I know.

Good thing doing all of that took only a couple hours, but it's not done.  Afterward he comes up to me and says ... no, accuses me of not looking through all the packets, like he told me to do, like I said I would.  And I just stood there, saying nothing.  That probably makes me guilty, and I admit that I am.  But goddammit, I didn't look through all the envelopes because I was busy -- busy with the shit he asked me to do, like train the other girl for this special invoice, or put memos on other invoices.  I kind of get sidetracked, you know?  But hey, my dumbfounded silence meant that I was guilty.

I'm getting fired on Friday.  I just know it.

He hasn't come down on me this hard, ever.  He has accused me of things; hell, he did it two days ago.  But the stuff he acted as if it was my fault piled one on top of the other through this bullshit mess.  (He also accused me of not getting through some of the packets on time; again, that's true, but that's because I've had more pressing fuckin' things to do!)  Moreover, he is talking to The Two (and before I go on, maybe I was a bit ... harsh [I won't say I'm wrong about them, yet] assessing them as malcontent know-it-alls who want to insult me behind my back; I've talked to them more in the past 72 hours than I have the entire project) more than I've ever seen.  The guy is now working closer to him.  More worrisome, my boss is speaking to her as if she is my equal.  He knows she knows insurance, so it seems as if he's relying on her more.  In fact, come to think of it, he is giving The Two more responsibilities ... and not giving me anything but blame.

One other sign I realized tonight, while I skipped coming home to watch a rerun of It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown because my friend hooked me up with a ticket to the Timberwolves' home opener Thursday: Tomorrow, Halloween, is the last workday of the month.  My former boss, many of whose responsibilities I assumed this year, was let go the last workday of January.  And I remember that I was shitcanned from Xcel Energy on the last workday on a December (which would also make it the last workday of that year).

This is setting up so perfectly for him, isn't it?  They're cheaper, and it's obvious he likes them more.  Plus they're "his guys," while I'm his former employee's guy, and thus damaged goods, as he apparently has concluded all throughout this project, where I was thrown into an entirely new situation and am bombarded with questions and problems and have had to prioritize some things over others and he doesn't like it and therefore isn't happy with me.  Or I guess he isn't happy with me; most days when he's complaining I don't understand a single goddamn thing he's talking about, and he's asking questions I have no fucking idea how to answer.  Seriously, today he's just talking about this problem that materialized out of thin air, and I'm like, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!"  But it doesn't matter to him, because he's my boss, and what he says goes.

I'm doing my best, but I got a ton of fucking things that I'm trying to do, all at the same time, and it looks like I'm going to be fired for it.  Well, then, fuck all.  I've taken bullets for him, and this is the thanks I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment