Monday, October 6, 2014

The Lonely, Desperate Hours Before (Scheduled Post)

If I hadn't said it before, I'll say it now: I no longer enjoy going to work.  I am dreading the morning.  This third season has burned me out, completely.

All I want to do is go in, do my job, then leave.  But this year is different, with all the teaching and all the new responsibilities and the problems I have to deal with.  Then there are the personality clashes, the assholes and the non-positive people I also have to deal with.  Plus these people and problems change each day.  It's overwhelming, and I don't like it.

Then I have to worry about the club.  No one's coming out, and now the owner's pushing me out.  And I have no idea how much money we're making.  What am I supposed to do?  This could really be a problem if it wants to be.

On top of all that are the gardening and harvesting I may or may not need to do.  Then I have to freeze the tomatoes, not too late but not too early.  Then I have my parents' real estate interests to deal with, starting after work tomorrow.  And then I need to worry about laundry and picking up the mail I'm leaving around the house.  And that doesn't include any bills I may have overlooked.  And then I have to reconcile my day planner, which means I need to keep track of my expenses again.

Weirdly, in the middle of all this I think I may -- may -- have arranged a date.  And it was with ****a, the girl who stood me up for a massage last week.  I have these two passes from Entertainment Weekly to see the pilot of a new Showtime series called The Affair.  May be sexy -- perfect for seeing with a stripper.  But even that is something I Have To Do, which is something that I have trepidation toward, even if it's supposed to be a good thing.

I need to set up a time with that shrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment