Saturday, October 25, 2014

Been Caught Swearing

Shit, I think I got caught saying shit at work.

It was the end of the day and I wanted to move some boxes to a different room because I didn't have any more room where I usually put the boxes.  I think I may have wrenched my neck pulling up the two I wanted to walk over to this room.  But it was locked.  I didn't think it would be locked so early in the afternoon, but it was, and therefore I would have to walk with these two heavy boxes all the way back to where I work.

When the handle wouldn't move, I uttered to myself, twice, "Shit."  I didn't think I was loud, but it was more than a whisper, which would be the level of sound I would emit when I curse in frustration.  And then I look back down the hallway because, well, I don't know, I'm human ... and I saw three women in cubicles quickly look away from me.  Was I loud enough for them to hear me swear?  Oh, shit -- well, maybe I shouldn't say that, but, you know.

Now I'm scared I'm going to get called in to human resources, or, worse, I'll be fired for "misconduct."  And that's another thing I hate about work; I have to behave myself.  I don't want to behave myself.  If I feel like swearing, I want to swear!  It won't be loud, and I won't be abusive about it, but I was hauling boxes a long way and now I had to haul them back.  Hope they understand.

Seriously, I think I'm in real trouble for this.  I might not have a job Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment