Thursday, October 30, 2014

Want To Write About A Nice Guy

Yeah, this was several months ago -- May, in fact, I think.  I was a test scorer, moonlighting at night from my job as a lead with the other test scoring company I worked for during the day.  The rows were set up so that eight people were in three tables on each row, four in the middle, two on each side of the room.  I had the "aisle" seat on the right table, next to this guy.

He was a plain man, quiet, wore glasses.  Kept to himself, which was OK, because I was so tired that I did the same.  We didn't speak much in the beginning, but going through the project we started asking each other for advice and commiserating about all the papers we had blown.  What struck me about him was his unseeming, humble personality.  He was struggling to get through the answers like me, like all of us, and he was really nice.  For a fellow test scorer with who I was going to sit for two weeks at the most, that's all you can ask for.  In fact, I probably would not like him if we spoke more or more in-depth.

His name is Michael, and he's good people.  Maybe I'll see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment