Saturday, November 1, 2014

Addendum To: I Might (Will?) Be Fired Friday

OK, so I wasn't fired Friday.  If I were, the last possible situation in which I would be canned is from the temp agency, and even though they work late often, I didn't hear anything from them.  So I'm safe, at least for Monday.

I just can't believe that by sticking a label on a box and crossing that box past the threshold into a room, I have to enter that -- like, immediately.  I mean, I was totally going to go back to those boxes to make one last check ... right after I compiled all those invoices.  What's the big deal?  And no, I'm not upset at myself.  I'm not really upset at you, because I kind of understand what you're getting at.  But I had it handled, and now other things are going to get fucked up because you want this done straight away.

I really was afraid my boss wanted them done yesterday, but that was impossible, because there were half a dozen of them I needed to do.  Shit, I wasn't going to do them even if he wanted them all day yesterday.  I've hated going to work for the past several weeks now, but this week I entered an even more infuriated level.  I'm starting to insist that I don't work past my eight hours, so I've been coming in later and trying to pack up earlier.  I'm really starting not to care.

So after the afternoon grinded away and I could see the end of the workweek, the dead throb of "work" gave way to the usual anxiety of missing invoices and undone envelopes.  In particular I'm kind of losing my mind because I gave one of the temps (one of The Two, actually) a folder that was supposed to go back into one of the boxes and is instead ... lost.

Don't fucking know what's going to happen fuckin' Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment