Friday, November 14, 2014

Well, I Was Given A Drop-Dead Day At Work

Early next month, according to the temp agency.  Wow, that's a shock.  That is way sooner than last season, where I was there through mid-March, and in fact they didn't leave me but I left them because I was going back to test scoring.  This season is even sooner than my first season, when I was cut at mid-December when I was told by my previous boss/mentor/predecessor that they wanted me back after the New Year.

Also, this is not the date I was given by my boss when I left for the day.  He said I am gone "once the project is finished," whenever that may be.  So I've been given two different dates.  Who's right, and who's lying?  Is it my boss?  Is it the temp agency?  Could my boss change his mind and keep me on longer ... or worse, cut me even sooner?  Is the agency just dicking me around so they don't mislead me?

All of a sudden I feel ... scared.  All of a sudden I miss the chaos at work, even the BS I had to go through today.  All of a sudden I don't feel like going to this stripper party tonight.  (No, I will, if only to drown my sorrows in my own semen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment