Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What The Fuck Is It Now?

You know, things were going swimmingly at work until my boss calls me over.  Apparently someone didn't like the spreadsheets I was giving her.  My Task, and she doesn't like it??

The numbers are wrong.  The format's wrong, too.  I don't know if this has happened before, in all my years (well, two) of doing this, or if this is at least the first time I've heard of these fuck-ups.  Regardless, that means that I have to sit down with my boss to figure this all out, fix all the spreadsheets I've sent the past two months, and make sure he sees each new one for his OK before I send them.

Have I been perfect before?  Honestly, I don't know.  But I feel that I let people down -- unfairly, but I have.  I do not know if I've made these mistakes before.  I think I have.  I also think that with all the new responsibilities I've had before I may -- may -- have made mistakes on these that I didn't before.  It's just very ... shocking to be confronted with these mistakes on stuff I thought I was done with weeks, even months ago.

Right now I'm concerned with how my boss and this person who's receiving these spreadsheets think of me.  Do they (especially this woman on the other end; when my boss gets in a tizzy I stop giving a shit about how he feels) think I'm stupid?  Well, fuck her!

I'm just upset that this will set me back at work.  While I'm doing this this temp is going to catch up to me, and then I don't know what she'll do then.  Well, besides My Task, which I still think I should be doing by myself, but I have no evidence that I can do it myself because of this, which is bullshit because I would have done a better job if I was able to do it all by myself from the start.

And ... back to hating work.

No comments:

Post a Comment