Saturday, November 22, 2014

Why Am I So Glad To Be Up So Early This Morning?

I have woken up extremely early the past several weeks, even though this morning I woke up at 5, which actually is much later than the times I've woken up most other days.  If this were yesterday or any workday, I'd be cursing in the dark at why I'm up so early.

But I guess that's why I'm kind of happy right now.  It's not yesterday or any workday, it's Saturday.  And even though I have to work the Vikings game tomorrow, and I have this alumni club function tonight (which I kind of consider to be work), right now, at this moment, I have about half a day free.

And I can do whatever I want with it.  After blogging about this and working my fantasy football teams, I think I'm going to check on the laundry to see if the washing machine is working.  Then I'll meditate and try and fall asleep for an hour or so.  And that's the great thing about having all this to myself: If I don't fall asleep, hey, that's cool, I'll go and get in a much-needed workout in this morning.  Then I'll have lunch, get my car (maybe both cars?) washed and go home to either do more chores or watch football before I have to go out this evening.  I might be perplexed with having too many choices later in the day, but right now time is on my side.

Maybe falling asleep at 9:30 and having a solid 7 1/2 hours of sleep brightens your mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment