Friday, November 28, 2014

Money, Running Through My Fingers Like Water

I took out $200 Wednesday night with the intent of spending it on strippers -- all of it, Wednesday.  But I overslept.

Thought that meant I'd be sitting on $200 through Thanksgiving until tonight, Friday night.  But then I decided to go to the K-Mart close by that's about to close, where I spent $70 on a bunch of shit.  (I'll talk about K-Mart some other time; it deserves its own post.)  Then, after oversleeping again this morning and going to the Mall of America at 5:30 instead of 2, when I wanted (where I missed seeing my friend before he left even though I promised to see him -- seriously, I wonder why people like me), I kind of got swept up in the Black Friday/holiday spirit.  So even though I was open to buying some things at the Megamall, I wound up emptying my wallet.  I spent money on boxers and briefs, two categories of clothing I need to fortify.  I also got a basic Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt for half-off, and I thank the guys for that sweet deal.  But mostly I spent money on eating out: A breakfast bagel special at Bruegger's, a special breakfast at HRC, then the lunch menu at Buffalo Wild Wings while watching a little bit of sports, then this special drink called a Mocha Me Crazy at Caribou Coffee.  Oh, and I bought a cupcake at Cupcake to take home, too.

I may have $20 left in my wallet.  So, assuming that I don't oversleep again tonight (eh, I give it less than 50/50), I will go to the ATM and get yet another $200 to go stripclubbin'.  No wonder why I can't leave the house; I prefer to spend money on now instead of planning for later.

---

My weekend, for all  intents and purposes, is over.  These past two days, even though I lazed about and did very few productive things, have been sorely needed.  God, I deserve a three-day workweek after the crap I've been through the entire fall.  But tomorrow I have to worry about whether the bar is going to give me space to watch our game even though Minnesota will be playing Wisconsin at the same time.  And I work the Vikings game Sunday.  So that's two days of work (I consider worrying about watching our game downtown Minneapolis "work.")  And then the next day's Monday -- back to real work.  So I have things to do until next weekend.  I've been lazy, but I don't feel so bad about that since now that I have to actually do things, with other people, for other people, for these two days and then the workweek.

But there is the strip club tonight.  I at least have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment