Monday, November 10, 2014

Forget What I've Said Before: Monday Will Be The Worst Day Of This Job

This morning, I'm going to have to face several people who are going to ask why they've been cut.  Never mind the fact the cruel way they've been cut, by the temp agency after they went home.  Their last days weren't Friday.  You see, they get to come back and work for a little while longer.  They're the walking dead, and I get to see them until they're done.  My boss, however, won't have to see them, because that fucking asshole's still on vacation.  Which means I have to clean up his mess.  And after thinking about this entire weekend, I still don't know what I can say that'll make the situation better nor prevent me from getting my fucking ass kicked.

This could have been handled so much better.  My boss should be here.  He should have told them face-to-face, instead of going out like a bitch and asking the agency (and me) to do the dirty work for him.  Guess it doesn't matter; the temps know that he's relying on what I see, they're not stupid.  I deeply resent him for swinging this ax when he doesn't have the balls to do all this bullshit himself.  I'm a temp just like them, and I deeply resent being set-up like this.  I can't look these people in the eye.  They deserved a better shake than what that asshole decided to do.  I deserve a better shake.

So the only thing I can think of that could potentially salve the hurt feelings of those who'll be out of a job soon is to come in early, be a man and answer any questions they may have.  (Although I will also tell the truth and tell them that I was blindsided with this news too.  Maybe they'll believe me.)  Unfortunately the "coming in early" part is going to be impossible to do because there's a goddamn snowstorm that's coming in overnight.  I already wake up too early; and I was planning to wake up even earlier than that so I can be a man to my temps.  But I know have to wake up even earlier than to shovel snow out of the driveway and to drive (very slowly) on the streets.  Just so I can be a stand-up fella and hope that no one takes a swing at me or yells at me.

Monday isn't going to just suck.  I have to answer to my actions from people who deserve answers, and I still don't know how to defend myself.  Plus I have to deal with this fucking weather.

I truly, truly hate this fucking job now.

No comments:

Post a Comment