Saturday, November 8, 2014

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, November 7:
  • After what probably is the shittiest day at work (in a way that somehow puts all the other shitty days at work to shame) I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version), which I have mentioned on WAF.  Coffee and tips to the only two girls working this shift that take two bucks on-stage: $7.
  • Thursday the 6th ... I had to do some things related to my parents' real estate holdings.  After that I decided to treat myself to a Perfect Burger and Michelob Golden Light at Victory 44, probably the toniest restaurant in the Camden area of the Twin Cities.  Really good; it's the second time I've had it, and the meal was probably better this time around.  Paid cash for it this time.  With tip: $12.50.
  • Sunday, November 2 -- Went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Edition), per my usual routine after working the Vikings game.  Was so tired from the day (plus the fact that Sunday was the end of Daylight Saving Time, where I always feel my body shut down now that sunset arrives a whole hour earlier) that I actually took a nap in my car in the parking lot for ten minutes.  Afterward I got a dance from Haley alongside coffee and tips from six girls spanning shift change.  So glad that all six women took two bucks: $35.
  • Oh, while I was in My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) I picked up a quarter.  An Infusion of: 25 cents.
  • After fixing the washing machine and getting my daily blog post in I went out to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place to order the exact same thing (just a milkshake, no drink) that I did once in October so I would know the exact amount of money I spent that time and thus this time.  And with tip it is: $3.75.
  • On Saturday the 1st I started my spending at Wendy's.  It was the last weekend I could use this pamphlet of coupons there.  They have generous coupons, many of them where you can get a free fries and drink if you buy the sandwich.  I used one of those for their Asiago Ranch Chicken sandwich.  Too bad the sandwich is more then five bucks, specifically: $5.35
  • Later in the afternoon I went to the Vice-President's house to watch the game.  We got a lot of turnout there.  So maybe it's the location?  We were finally able to enact the 50/50 Raffle for the first time in a month, and I lost: $10.
  • I made a night of it after the win: Went to Caffetto, mostly because I needed to write down my monthly expenses and do this.  Got a pumpkin pie and hot chocolate.  Gave up my table to a couple and volunteered to take a spot at the bar.  The place is so busy that I should start automatically sitting up front.  With tip: $7.25.
  • I needed to go to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place because I didn't write down my bill one of the last times I went, so I'm going to order the exact same thing so I can jot the price down.  Except that last time I didn't get a Coke with mozzarella sticks and chili, so I'm going to have to ask how much is tax and figure it out.  Hopefully asking for tax won't freak her out, because I don't think she gets asked that question a lot.  With tip: $11.
  • Halloween ... my usual ritual of getting out and enjoying the night to avoid the trick-or-treaters.  That the holiday fell on a Friday makes it even more apt for me to go to My Favorite Stripclub (Cover Version).  And it was extremely weird to see the place ... dead.  Half of the club was closed off, and there were only five girls working then.  Apparently people want to party with friends instead of see tits for Halloween.  At least one of the strippers working was my All-Time Favorite.  Because the rotations were so short, however, we couldn't rip off ten dances in a row, which is what I usually get from her, because she would be called onstage so frequently.  Plus she said she had other regulars she needed to dance for.  So I stopped at eight dances, four before and four after she had to do a stage show.  I still get to come in free because I bring a food donation.  With Corona and tips: $103.
  • Thursday, October 30: I waited until the day before to set up bill pay to pay for my health insurance.  But I didn't know until after I signed up and set up everything that the bank "sends" a "check" that will get to the payee up to five business days after it's issued.  I need to premium paid before the end of the month, so that wouldn't do the trick.  Therefore, for the third month in a row, I drove all the way to St. Paul to pay for my health insurance in person: $50.
  • I read a text after leaving work from my friend who gets Timberwolves tickets.  It was last-minute, like a few hours before.  Wanted to watch It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, but I saw it once before this season, plus I can't pass up the chance to get a free ticket for a sporting event featuring a team that may be bad but has a lot of talent.  And it was close, but the Timberwolves did win their home opener over Detroit.  I'm heartened that if you get a complimentary ticket, prices for anything else you want to buy suddenly becomes reasonable.  A hot dog and regular Coke at a T-Wolves game cost: $11.
  • After the game, just because, even though I wasn't hungry, I went to Pizza Luce to eat a pizza, nothing else.  With tip: $5.
  • Tuesday, October 28 ... I threw up this date because some day around this time I picked up a nickel off the ground.  An Infusion of: 5 cents.
  • Sunday the 26th ... decided not to stay in and instead headed out to watch the University of Minnesota's final home game of the season, a 2-0 upset of Rutgers.  Program, hot dog and Coke equal: $9.
  • Afterward I felt so much guilt that I hadn't worked out that I made a beeline to the gym.  Admission: $3.
  • To Saturday the 25th, where, after the game, I had to go to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place ... not to eat, but to watch SportsCenter and Fox Sports Live to watch highlights of the World Series and college football.  I totally wasn't hungry, at all, so I just asked for a chocolate milkshake.  And because I went back about a week later to write down exactly how much I paid for just a chocolate milkshake, I now know how much I paid for it this, including tip: $3.75.
  • On Friday, October 24, I had to meet my folks' property manager to collect rent checks.  There was no reason to go back home because I wanted to see the Gopher women's soccer game (they beat Maryland 1-0), which was relatively close by.  So I went to Glam Doll Donuts to bide my time.  With coffee and tip: $11.
  • The game was good, a Gopher victory (though the team probably didn't win enough to get into the NCAA Tournament).  Program, hot dog and small regular Coke is still a very good bargain for an evening out: $9.
  • After the match I went to the movies.  I racked up enough points for a free movie ticket, but it was going to expire that Monday.  I waited until the weekend because I wanted to be comped for a showing that would otherwise have been the most expensive ticket at that theater.  Unfortunately there was no other time to use it on the weekend (which obviously is the time of the week where prices for admission are the highest) than after the game on Friday, when I wasn't exactly at my hungriest.  I know, I know, eating isn't the first thing I should think of when I go to the movies.  But that was my mindset when I went to see The Equalizer, which, by the way, isn't that good besides the fact that Denzel Washington once again plays an invincible loner who kicks ass.  By the way, regular prices for popcorn and pop I think cost more than those two items plus a ticket at another theater on Tuesdays: $11.
  • I have been so preoccupied with other shit that I see a huge gap all the way back to Saturday the 18th.  After going through all my blog posts I think I'm right, but it's been so far ago that I'm not sure.  We start the day with my ATF ***e* coming to my place to give me a well-deserved handie: $80.
  • I then went to Billy's On Grand to watch my alma mater's game.  One fan/member of the club reserved (or should I say "reserved") the big TV at this place in St. Paul the day of.  Not the greatest of timing, but good to see that the club still "scheduled" this.  To thank Billy's On Grand I ordered a pricey entree.  With tip: $35.
  • Afterwards (I think, maybe after I went home, I don't remember) I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  No coffee, just tips and a dance from this woman I've "known" for a long time, Savannah: $28.
  • I then went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place.  Ate at Billy's, so I didn't have much of an appetite, but I still mustered enough stomach to stomach mozzarella sticks and chili.  Didn't jot down the price of this meal, so I ordered those two same items (with a Coke) a later time there to figure out how much I paid, with tip: $8.75.
  • I think/guess the previous EWR came on Tuesday the 14th, when I also visited the property manager.  I also went to Glam Doll, mostly to wait till the traffic died down.  Love the donuts, but they're so expensive!  With tip: $14.
  • Sunday, October 12 ... went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division) after working the Vikes game.  Coffee and tips equal: $11.
  • Saturday the 11th ... woke up in the morning for my city's semi-annual appliance and electronics drop-off "event."  Finally had to say goodbye to the TV I had since, I think, the 6th grade.  Just didn't work, and I tried to turn it on one final time the night before -- nothing.  Had to pay to get it dumped, but it was time.  I wasn't going to be a hoarded over a heavy, old-style cathode ray tube TV: $5.
  • Went to our regular bar to watch my alma mater that evening.  It was the night of the Zombie Pub Crawl, but the owner was nice enough to give us a TV in the corner (with the sound turned up) so we could watch.  The only other person to come was the VIP.  I thanked him by buying a beer for him.  With tip: $11.
  • Friday the 10th I started my weekend by stopping by My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) for coffee and tips: $11.
  • I then went to this new are close to home that suddenly has turned into a shopping hub.  Went to McDonald's to play Monopoly.  Don't know why, though, since the game's rigged and I never win.  Thought I had a receipt for my meal, but I can't find it anywhere, so this amount I pulled out of my ass: $8.09.
  • Think the previous EWR to this is afternoon of Sunday, October 5, at the Gopher women's soccer match against Ohio St. (I think it was the Buckeyes; if so it was a scoreless tie).  Program, hot dog and Coke -- you know, the usual: $9.
  • Back to Saturday the 4th, where, after I watched my alma mater's football game I went to My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place for spaghetti.  With tip: $13.50.
I'm sure I missed something, but I'm through to Friday, November 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment