Monday, November 3, 2014

Can't Anticipate, Don't Want To Anticipate (Scheduled Post)

You know what really galls me about work?  I don't know what's going to happen.  I am continually assaulted by things, none of which I can anticipate.  Who's going to ask me something?  What fires will I have to put out this day?  How will the temps fuck up?

So there's no use to worrying about the next day because how in the hell are you going to prepare for it when you have no idea what to prepare for?  But on the other hand, I don't like waking up with a blank slate of what is going to happen, because then I feel totally unprepared.  Like tonight; I'm so damn tired that after I put this to bed (I'm writing this Sunday night, scheduled to go live for early Monday morning) at My Favorite Late-Night Italian Place I'm going to go home and immediately go to bed, where I, um, anticipate having a full night's sleep.  I know that when I'm going to wake up I'll immediately hate going to work and say to myself, "What the fuck is going to happen today?"  Not that I care at this moment; again, I'm really tired.  But all I have is this day ahead of me that will be filled with problems, I just don't know in what form.  And I will continue to resent all these curveballs that ruin my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment