Monday, November 24, 2014

One Final PANIC, One Final Indignity

Not to say he's putting the screws on or anything, but on Friday my boss asked me how am I doing with the boxes.  Look, I guess I could have lied and said it's going to be done.  You know what?  I should have lied and said I had it all under control.  But I decided I needed to be honest with him and say that I could use somebody's help.  So after one of the temps is done (and he's been harping on the observation he made that she's "catching up"), she's going to help me.

So now I'm going to march over to work, try to be do my thing while being left alone, and at some point, probably this morning, this temp is going to come over and say, "Alright, I'm here to help."  And first I'll be angry that she broke my concentration, then I'll stammer and wonder how else to get her to do something else so I can do The One Final Thing I Have All To Myself, then I'll break down and realize that that is not going to happen, and then I'll have to teach her how to do My Thing, which will further complicate what needs to be done because it's much better if I just control all of this myself.

Man, why can't I have just one thing all to myself?  Can she just do something else?  Why can't I be left alone??

Well, there might be some things that she can do that will keep her at bay, just so I can get another box ready.  I don't know, I just want to be left alone, from the temps and my boss.  That's all.

Time to fucking go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment