Thursday, November 27, 2014

This Is How I Know I'm Old

Just over two hours ago I woke up.

I had my work clothes on.

I was sleeping above my covers, with the bottom of them covering my feet because my feet get cold.

I checked the iPhone I laid next to me.  It was 2 o'clock in the morning.

I had plans to go stripclubbin' this evening.  That's why I didn't change.  But I didn't want to go out too soon.  Plus, I felt really, really tired after a torturous day at work looking through papers; I felt extremely fatigued during my session with my shrink.

So, at around 9 o'clock, I was kind of at a crossroads.  I gave myself some time to rest, thinking that I may wake up around 10:30, when I would then see some Letterman or Fallon, then some Kimmel and Meyers, then go out.  But ... I kind of knew that I might also sleep through the night.  And frankly, I was OK with it.  So no, I could have set the alarm clock, but I didn't, because if my body needed to rest, well, the strippers can wait.

And that's what happened, obviously.  I have a lot of money burning in my wallet, and I guess that'll wait a couple days.  Meanwhile I am up and ready to do some chores.  Going to water the plants after this.  Might also shred some credit card applications.  Finally, after a couple more hours of rest, I think I'm going to try and use Seafoam in my car.  Just want to make sure where the heck the brake booster line or PCV is.

I fall asleep instead of going out?  I look forward to doing things around the house?  Yeah, I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment