Thursday, March 30, 2017

So I had two things I wanted to do after work today: Get a money order for my alumni organization's account before April Fools' Day, and, well, this -- blog.

I get to the bank, but when I giver the teller my money (a dollar), she says she can't do it.  Why?  Their goddamn printer ran out of ink.  Really?

I tell her I'll just fucking come back tomorrow when they bought their new cartridge from Office Depot or something.  Oh well, I thought, this means I get to spend more time at the library.  Except that this library, this teeny-tiny library, had all their computers filled with people.  Well, except for the express one, and I needed more than 15 minutes to do all the stuff I wanted to do.

Well, shit.  I wanted to do two things, and now I can't do either.  However, I thought that the full computers at this library (the first time I've ever seen it this full) was a sign: I should get that cashier's check at a different branch.

So I did.  And after some minutes of waiting (there were four people in line and, when I first got there, only one teller -- the hell?) I got that check.  (Hopefully I'll remember to deposit it before tomorrow.)  And then I went to another library, one that is bigger and has more computers, to do this.  And thankfully there are a hell of a lot fewer people, hence a bunch more computers to go on and blog post and surf.

Just wanted to say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment