Friday, March 3, 2017

Goodbye For Now, Grandmother And Hong Kong

So I could have done so many things better today, my last day here.  I could've waken up earlier.  I could've gotten to Grandmother sooner, except my uncle and cousin and I had dim sum and we took our time.  I could've been more patient with Grandmother as she kept asking the same goddamn questions 50 times.  Maybe I should've stayed for dinner.  And maybe I could've gotten gifts for everyone in my family and not just for the stripper who wanted a Michael Kors knockoff bag in the hopes she will be so grateful she'll suck my dick for free.

As I have said, I have stayed here long enough for some things to rub me the wrong way, and that seems like a great time to leave.  Six days is long enough for Hong Kong.  But shoot, a part of me is done apologizing.  This is the first time I've hauled my butt out of the country by myself, and I've done as much as a grandson, a family member, and a tourist as I think I could.  Maybe I could have stayed with Grandmother more, but ... well, I don't want to disparage the time I did spend with her.  Everything else I think I did as well as possible.

I am scared to see how bad Grandmother might be the next time I see her.  But I want to brave enough to see her anyway.  Hopefully it'll be the summer instead of, say, two years.  By that point I should be back to falling in love with Hong Kong again, instead of "standing" in love with it after six fascinating days.  And even if HK is nasty to me then, I still will have Grandmother to see.  And that's more than enough.

Goodbye for now, Hong Kong.  And goodbye for now, Grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment