Wednesday, March 1, 2017

My Stay In Hong Kong Is Beginning To Be Over

Honestly, it hasn't felt as if I just got here, at least not anymore.  In fact, it feels as though I've been here two weeks, which is the recommended length My Father recommended I stay here for.  I've now done everything I wanted to do: See Grandmother; see my uncle and aunt and cousins; go to places such as the Star Ferry and Victoria Peak; and, something I didn't realize I wanted to do until I got here, gamble.  I've done it all, and it's been enough.

So in a way, two days from now is a perfect time to leave.  I stay here long enough to get all the things I want to do done, but I don't stay so long that I don't miss as soon as I get back home to Minnesota.  Six days seem to be more of the perfect length to stay halfway around the world.

Nevertheless I need to mete out the rest of my days to make sure everything is in order.  I can start seeing the end of the tunnel, so to speak, when there are two days left.  I often recognize things I do as a routine on vacation, if that makes any sense, so when I am doing it for the penultimate time, I know that I have to do things such as pack all my stuff together, put my receipts in one place, and make sure I know where the most important things I have with me are.

When I was in my hotel room just now I got an e-mail from someone from the alumni association.  I have to fill out a survey for this important event coming up in a couple weeks.  I couldn't fill out the survey on my phone, or so I thought; I was going to the Internet cafe to blog post -- which I'm doing right now -- but now I had another reason to do so.  And then I realized that this is the second-to-the-last time I probably be at this Internet cafe.  Tomorrow night/Thursday night will be the last time because chances are I will try and go to bed early so I can wake up early to get to the airport.  And I'm sad.  Not because of the brusque customer service I keep getting (I am have not gotten off on the right foot with the guy, who may or may not be the same guy the past two nights -- God, I come off as so racist), but because for $10HK I can be grounded and do the same thing I would do if I were back in Minnesota.

But likely this will all come to an end very soon.  When I wake up it'll be the next-to-last day of sightseeing, of seeing Grandmother, of sleeping in, of not hearing any yap from my parents, of eating with my uncle, etc.  And then it'll be the last, and I don't know how to feel when that time comes.

---

Gambling update.  Eibar tied with Real Sociedad, goddammit, so $50HK down the drain there.  I spent this evening at the race track and lost $150 HK.  Oh, and I bet at the OTB on two more games, both of them recommended on online gambling tout sites: Bestia to draw versus Nantes (Ligue 1), and Villareal to defeat Osasuna on the road (La Liga/Primera Division).  Look, if my ideas can't make me money, maybe someone else's will.  Where's my damn money?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment