Sunday, March 19, 2017

March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 2 -- Sunday

The odds for all eight tournament games for today (Sunday) are up on Doc's Sports.  Good.

I don't remember how I did it last year, but this time around I'm going to not evaluate how I did in picks and money until I finish up each round.  Therefore, how I did in Round 2 I won't touch until Thursday.  It's easier for me that way.  But what I can tell you is that, because my bracket is real good this year (I went 7-for-7 in picks on Saturday, the first time I've done that well), I should actually have trusted myself more this time around.

---

Not being as confident reading anything to this day's slate of games, I fake-wager the following:

1) Wichita St. +5 (The two pods that include the Shockers, Kentucky [Wichita St.'s opponent] and UCLA was possibly the most agonizing series of games I've ever had to pick in my March Madness gambling career.  I still don't have a good reason to pick the Shockers to cover, but I know that these two teams are too good to be facing each other in Round 2.  Naturally, I will go for the underdog) $50

2) USC +6 1/2 (I still can't believe they made it this far.  Along with Baylor Head Coach Scott Drew's track record of playing underseed, and I can see the Trojans not only making a game of it ...) $200

3) USC M/L +242 (... but to also take the game and reach the Sweet 16.  Sweet!) $100

4) Rhode Island +5 1/2 (Rams seem a hot Giant Killer; Oregon lost a frontcourt shot-blocker just before tournament time.  Stars are aligned, let's just say) $100

5) Parlay 1), 2) and 4), for $75.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment