Friday, March 17, 2017

Most Boring Birthday Ever?

Hey, I just realized that technically, it's my birthday.  I will turn 41 ... and I will turn 41 alone.

Right now, my plans are for me to go to work, get done with work, drive home from work, eat a salad, maybe watch (or more likely listen to) the men's basketball tournament games, maybe have some cereal, maybe do some laundry, stack my papers to go to storage, and sleep early.  I'm not saying I'm embarrassed that it's my birthday ... although I have no plans on telling anyone at work that it is, and in fact just thinking about being called out for my birthday is giving me anxiety right now.  I just ... well, since there's no way for me to really celebrate the right way, I guess I am a little embarrassed that it's my birthday.

Maybe it shouldn't be this way.  It's been great not having my parents around, but they would be the first ones to wish me a Happy Birthday (well, after all my friends on Facebook), and it would be nice to have that acknowledged by the ones who birthed me.  Maybe the fact that they're not here to do so makes me want to hide the secret of my birthday.

Oh, well.  I am going to go to Facebook now and reply to everyone who has sent me wishes.

P.S. I do this thing where I write down all the songs playing on radio stations at the time of my birth.  Since I will be busy scoring papers right then, that will be an impossibility this year.  Just a head's-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment