Saturday, March 25, 2017

March Madness Anti-Picks, Round 4

Record, Round 3: 7-3-1
Overall Record: 18-24-1
Total Outlay, Round 3: $1,050.00
Total Winnings, Round 3: $1781.14
Gain, Round 3: $731.14
Overall Gain: $494.13

You know, maybe it's best that, if I ever do bet on March Madness for real, I visit Las Vegas the second weekend, not the first.  I had, if I may say, an excellent Sweet Sixteen -- well, when it comes to Anti-Picks.  I continue to ride underdogs and they continue to cover.  And this may have been the first time I hit not one but two parlays in the same round ever.

Saying that, the draw and three losses came from two games, both of which adversely affected me on the pools I'm playing IRL.  West Virginia, for some goddamn reason, didn't even get a shot off at the end of the game; after forcing Gonzaga to play the way they wanted them to play, they let the Bulldogs off the hook at the end.  Fortunately for me, I had the Mountaineers at +3; since it was a three-point defeat, the single wager turned into a push and the three-team parlay I had an Against The Spread bet on turned into a two-teamer that still hit.  The Straight-Up odds bet, of course, was lost.

Wisconsin ... oh, like I needed another goddamn reason to hate Bucky Badgers.  The matador defense on that buzzer-beating prayer for Florida was absolutely unacceptable.  But what was even worse was the five fucking missed free throws by the Badgers, four of which came off the hands of Nigel Hayes, putatively this team's leader.  I knew these missed FTs were going to bite them and me in the ass.  How is the leader of a team that shitty of a free-throw shooter.  Un-fucking-believable.

(By the way, I may have said that the losses by West Virginia and Arizona Thursday ruined my chances of winning this huge pool I'm in?  Actually, when the guy running it gave us updates before Friday's games, I still -- somehow -- had a chance of winning it all.  With this fuck-up by Wisconsin, now I have no shot.  Thanks, Badgers, and fuck you.)

---

Elite Eight?  Hard to read.  Plus since I'm in the black I don't have much incentive to be wildly.  Finally, I don't have a whole lot of time to do this, so let me quickly go through Doc's Sports and see what's biting.  Oh, look -- they have the odds for all four games this weekend!

1) Florida-South Carolina Under 134.5 (I have no idea how the Gamecocks did it, nor do I know if they're going to win.  I am going to have faith, however, that Frank Martin's vaunted defense will show up to stymie the Gators, which got cold at important points on Friday.  Now, whether South Carolina can capitalize on that offensively is a different story, but one I hope they can't answer) $50

2) Kentucky +2 1/2 (The nightmare bracket has one final matchup, even though I've been right with the Wildcats so far.  North Carolina is an awesome foe, and I fear that the Tar Heels can run them off the floor.  Two things that made me think the 'Cats would beat UNC: Kentucky has more NBA talent, and I don't often believe that teams can make it to the Final Four in back-to-back years.  Am I confident about this?  Hell no) $50

That's it.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment