Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Yeah, Bitch, You Damn Right I'm Ruffling My Papers!!!

So yesterday (Monday) morning work we delayed by about 20 minutes because of a bug in the software.  Probably had to do with Daylight Saving Time.  While we were waiting, I thought this was a good time to start going through my receipts -- unfolding them and putting them in chronological order.

Right in the middle of this the room supervisor came in and said that the bug has been cleared up and we could start work.  But I wasn't done going through my receipts.  So I could have just stopped.  But I didn't.  So what I did was unfold each receipt, slowly, as I was reading an essay.  I did that until I had unfolded and stacked (but not put in order) all the receipts.

As I got done with one of the last few receipts, one person in the row in front of me quickly turned her head in my direction before snapping it back.  Immediately after that, she got up and went to the director sitting at the head of the room.  An hour later, of course the supervisor talked to us about "noise," and the very first example she used as the type of noise that could be distracting to our fellow test scorers was, goddammit, "ruffling papers."

Yeah, that fucking bitch in the row ahead of me ratted me out.  I wasn't going to do that shit all day, alright?  I was in the middle of something and I decided to finish it all.  I've been a good boy while in the room; just give me this one fucking thing.  Shit, she's never bitched to that old guy coughing up his lungs five times every hour the past week, has she?  Fucking Christ.

I have to passive-aggressively get back at her, but I don't know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment