Monday, March 6, 2017

So, About That Party I Promised I'd Go To ...

It's on Friday.  Promised *****e* that I would go there after she blew me off on a one-on-one a couple months ago.  I thought I was free then.  But two things happened.  First, I forgot that the University of Minnesota baseball team was playing its final games at U.S. Bank Stadium, and the only day of the three-game series I could go was Friday.  (Saturday's out because of the alumni club event; Sunday's game starts only three hours before United's first-ever MLS home opener, and as a season-ticketholder I'm not going to miss that.)  Second, I am back at the test scoring place, and I forgot that the 40-hour bonus is back in effect.  However, because we didn't get through testing today and I have to get home in time to take my parents to the airport, in order to get 40 hours I would have to have a full day on Friday.

Pushing my workweek into the early evening, then having a baseball game in the early evening ... it doesn't help that *****e*'s party ends in the middle of the evening.  I thought I would be able to squeeze in some HJ time (so to speak), but I need the money, and therefore this won't work.  Which means that, once again, I'll have to cancel on her.

One saving grace, possibly: Since I will have the run of the house for the next couple weeks, it's possible I could entice her to do a one-on-one at my place some evening.  Worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment