Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Man, I'm Now Achin' In Places I Didn't Know I Had Places!

Maybe it was coincidental that it began last year, after I turned 40, but all the pains in my joints have really caught up to me lately.  Especially Monday, the day after I worked out for the first time in about a month.

In case I haven't run down all the places I'm hurting, here goes (again):

  • The worst one is my right forearm extensor, also known, I think, as "tennis elbow."  All that damn writing while back at the health insurance place has pinched together a really bad spot in and around my right forearm and elbow, even though I know the pain will radiate about to my shoulder and down through my fingers.  It got so bad that I had a masseuse try and massage the pain away, and her pressure (and I have to say she's got strong hands) was so much that the first time she did it to me, I told her to dial it back.  Never had to tell someone that before.  (Have I blogged about this already?)
  • Then there's my back, which, actually, has felt better, even though I still sleep in my car for lunch breaks.  Don't know how it happened, but this is a pain that I can push to the backburner, especially compared to the tennis elbow and ...
  • ... my hip.  Yeah, I've noticed this a lot to, particularly when I get in and out of my car.  I need to squat and push myself in or out, and when I do it with my right leg, I feel this noticeable twinge in my right hip.  All that dangling when I was using my computer on my bed instead of at a proper desk or table, plus all that W-sitting, twisted it out of control.
  • And you know what?  This is something I have had for a long time but have brushed off, but now that I'm feeling all these aches all over, I'm including these as well.  If I raise my elbows and shoulders just so (usually as I'm bending my elbows), I feel this tremendous pain in my shoulders, especially my left one.  I think years upon years of sleeping on my side contributed to this rolling pain.  I knew about it, but I didn't know about it, you know?  I've always been able to ignore it.  But I can't anymore, not if my whole damn body is breaking down.
So, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment