Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Fucking Late Again?

I have yet to set up my Internet bill on auto-pay.  Don't know why, because for the second time I may have been late in paying.

Both times have happened when my parents were away.  And both times happened partly because I lost track of the paper bill that was sent to me.  This time, however, I was cognizant of the date it was due, today (Wednesday), and I made a point to remember to just log on, go to the webpage and pay it.

I was going to do it today (Wednesday), but -- and this is where I get Seinfeldian -- I had to use my credit card last (Tuesday) night because, when I stopped by the gas station to pull money out of an ATM before going to see Roman J. Israel, Esq. (great movie, BTW, highly recommend), the goddamn ATM was out of money, and I didn't have time to run anywhere else, so I charged it.  And since I want to use only one kind of currency a day, I thought I might as well use my credit card online to pay for the bill that night, meaning Tuesday.

That's when I got floored.  The website said that the bill is due not today (Wednesday), but yesterday (Tuesday).  Which means I lucked into paying it just in the nick of time.  Except that when saw the confirm, it said that the bill will be paid today (Wednesday) -- a day late.  The fuck?  That's such bullshit.  Am I going to have to pay a late fee because of a fucking time zone difference?

Maybe not.  The first time I paid my Internet late, and that time it was by several days, I didn't pay a late fee, or at least I don't think I did.  So maybe nothing is going to come of this.  However, I might just set up auto-pay to make my life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment