Saturday, November 18, 2017

Expenses Without Receipts

Starting from Friday, November 17:
  • Went to this art exhibit that opened ... unlike other exhibitions at this place, I was really impressed with the pieces.  A lot of it were the price points for them.  I mean, I don't think I'll buy any of them, but most of them were reasonable, about $200-$500.  Most pieces at other exhibitions start at $500 and often sell for four figures.  The other impressive thing about this exhibit is the artist's manifesto.  Many times it's a bunch of pretentious gobbledygook.  But I could actually understand what she was trying to do with her artwork, and she was fairly straightforward with the lexicon she used.  I think that's the reason why so many of her pieces had the orange dot, meaning they were already sold (although they may have sold way before the exhibition opened; I have a feeling I don't exactly know how that works).  And I love the theme: The trope of the nag, the curmudgeonly and evil old woman that, I realized, transcends culture.  I liked the presentation so much I gave a buck beyond the minimum asked donation: $4.
  • I then went to Glam Doll, where I was helped by two people I have never seen before, therefore I had to pay full price for both of my donuts.  With pourover and tips: $10.29.
  • Charged everything to the credit card on the 16th, so we go back to Wednesday the 15th, where I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Division).  I asked for a Sprite because the bartender didn't have coffee and didn't want to brew an entire cup just for me.  And the damn thing is now three bucks, a quarter more than the last time I went there, a mere five days before.  Is coffee three bucks now, too?  Pretty soon the prices for these drinks are going to match those of actual strip clubs.  I'm serious, I'm really bothered by this price inflation for non-alcoholic drinks.  Anyway, they were one girl short, and two of the three working demand five bucks on-stage, so I only stage-tipped one girl.  But I got a lap dance from one of the other two, Jade.  Total: $26.
  • All the way back to Sunday, November 12, the morning of which I spent at Caffetto to do the Weekly Minnesota Sports Survey.  Small mocha plus tip: $4.
  • On Saturday the 11th I was at our alumni club's downtown haunt for the game.  Attendance has really spiraled downward since our blowout loss a few weeks ago, even though this game was being played in the afternoon.  With tip: $13.
  • I went to My Favorite Stripclub (Non-Cover Version) afterward.  Molly spilled my Sprite (which was priced at $2.75 lo those days ago) when she went in for a hug.  Molly volunteered to get me a replacement for free after getting off onstage; then the waitress (a stripper who I haven't seen in a while) saw this and got the replacement before Molly came down.  Gave the waitress a buck for doing so.  But when she came down, I got a lapper from Molly, like I agreed to.  With stage tips: $30.75.
  • To Friday the 10th, where I went to a party way out in St. Paul.  Pretty wild.  Saw ****e for the first time in a long time, and took her up to the VIP, where, you know.  Saw ****a for the first time in, like, a decade.  Got a dance from her, as well as from host *****a, who was "celebrating" her birthday.  With cover and tips (these parties are just going to nickel-and-dime me to death) and the total damage was: $185.
  • Went to Glam Doll afterward.  I've built enough familiarity with the people who work there now that I was offered a second donut for free.  Ah!  With pourover and tip it came out to just: $7.40.
  • Back to Wednesday, November 8 -- told my parents that I wanted to go to the library after dinner.  Mother wanted me to print out some real estate stuff for her.  Total: $1.
  • On Monday the 6th I went to Caffetto after dinner because my parents were fucking driving me nuts.  Pumpkin pie, Boylan Cane Cola, tip: $7.
  • And on Sunday the 5th I went to Caffetto again, or at least I think.  I think I didn't intend on going there.  I wanted to go to Diamonds Coffee, which is much closer to home.  But when I went there, I saw that the parking lot was all torn up.  Since I had nowhere to park, I decided to go to another place sort-of close by, Sip.  But they were closed on Sundays.  So, even though I was driving my parents' minivan (they wanted to use my newer car to drive all the way to see their niece and My Asshole Brother) and they didn't want me to drive it very far, I drove it very far, all the way to Caffetto.  Small mocha plus tip: $4.
  • Thursday, November 2: Another party, this one also in St. Paul, this one sparsely attended.  There were two other men who were there, but one of them was in the dining room where two girls I was with were also sitting.  And then, when he went upstairs to the VIP, the other guy came down from the VIP.  I could have done a lot of private things in the dining room.  Took *****e* up to the VIP myself.  Also got a dance from ****e*, who invited me to this party.  With cover (and thank goodness there was no dumb extra "fee") and all told it came out to: $160.
Good through November 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment