Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Some Initial Thoughts About My New Work Schedule


  • Traffic was much better.  The big bottleneck from 94 to 35W is totally gone, although today I made the wrong decision, eschewed the connection from 35W to Crosstown and instead thought that staying on 35W till 494 (which had been clear instead of the Crosstown ramp a couple times) and got backed up.
  • Today's surprise traffic got me to the parking lot a little later than I wanted.  But I was still shocked that in the faraway lot I thought had spaces were down to, like, two spots left.  Yesterday there were plenty, even though they were nevertheless far away from the building.  But I was, frankly, lucky to get a spot there instead of across the bleepin' street.  I think I need to get here earlier, no matter that it might extend my day.
  • My walk yesterday from my car to my desk: About five minutes.  My walk today from my car to my desk: About eight.  Ugh.
So overall, the jury's still out on whether this parking deal is going to be a pain-in-the-ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment