Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Pushy, Pushy

So I have a hike to get from my parking spot at work to the building.  Five minutes, maybe more.  This (Tuesday) morning I was walking to the front door along with everybody else who thought to come in at 8.

Although the parking lot's been revamped this past year, there are no easy paths for workers to get from the lot to the building.  There are no sidewalks or crosswalk markings, for example.  So it's up to us to navigate around cars coming in while finding places to walk without getting in the way.

I was doing that when, as I was approaching this deadened patch of grass that seemingly everyone walks on on the way inside, this woman race-walks past me.  Like it was a fucking race inside.  We were going to the same place, and she kind of nudges past me.  She was a bit too close for comfort.  It was weird.  And then I saw her basically cut in front of another woman on the way to the secure door every employee needs to go through.  She couldn't slow her roll and file behind this woman, like a respectful member of society?  How rude!

And then I saw her cram her way into the first open elevator even though other people were waiting in the lobby longer than she did; it just so happened that the bay that opened opened closer to her than to the dozen or so other people who were waiting.  (I myself couldn't get into that one, nor the next one, but that was because the dumbass stopped in his tracks and let other people get onto the second elevator, physically blocking my way in the process.  Idiot.)

I just don't understand why in the hell one would risk such societal, public umbrage just so you can get to your desk at a self-appointed time.  Is it worth it to piss people off with your uncouth manners ... and to do so at a place where the people you piss off see you day after fucking day?  How stupid is this woman!  How dare she do that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment