Monday, November 20, 2017

Guess I'm Working Now

Alright, so my boss got a little pissed at me tonight.  Just as I was about to leave, he called me into his office and asked me what I've been doing.  And I told him that it was virtually the same thing I have been doing -- pushing these buttons.  Can't get into it, but they're supposed to disappear, and if they don't, well, they don't.  Haven't been given instructions on what to do, to be honest.

The thing is is that after this daily meeting, I went back to pushing these buttons and they were all gone.  I thought that was a good thing.  I told him this and he said, "OK, they need to know this."  Oh.  OK, I'll tell them in the morning, I said.

And then we talked about this program that I am supposed to have.  After some wrangling with the IT department, I got it, but the old username and password that I thought would get me in hasn't.  When I told my boss this he said, "Well, does (name redacted) know?"  And I was going to tell her, but I forgot, so no, I didn't.

This is where I could tell he got a little miffed -- taking strike two probably wasn't a good idea.  He asked me to call her in to show her that I couldn't get in.  And then he told me that instead of waiting for them to do something about it, that I could ask for IT myself.  And he gave me some not-so-subtle hints that I could have done this already.

OK, the thing that most got me is when he said, and I quote, "I am busy, and she is busy."  I get that, alright?  And I guess I could have shown the initiative and called them, or at least told (name redacted) that I couldn't get in.  I admit that I could have done at least that.  But first of all, this afternoon, I told him about this problem and he said we'd deal with it later.  Second of all, I have done jobs where I thought I could do things in order to do my job, but that didn't go all that well.  And third ... uh, third is this guy might be racially insensitive, so what the fuck ever.

Three years and gone still seems like a good idea to me. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment