Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Fucking Neighbor, My Goddamn Leaves, That Motherfucking Car

So these guys moved in next door over the summer.  West Indian, I believe.  (Mother talked about how she wants to move now.  I feel as though I've blogged about this here before. ...)  The first few weekends they were really loud -- playing music, lot of people coming over and having fun.  Not too bad, it's just that I was not prepared to hear neighbors being so, uh, un-Minnesotan, especially since the long-time family these guys replaced were implacable.

Still, I've done the Minnesotan thing and kept to myself.  I admit I haven't warmed to him, but I don't think being introverted towards them (if that makes any sense) is a passive-aggressive sign of hostility.  I have had only a couple of interactions with them.  Once, one of the kids (don't know if he lives there or is a relative who came over) ran across our front yard to talk to people in a car on the far side of our driveway.  OK.  Then a teenager rang and then knocked on my door, which is something you don't do around here, or at least at my house.  Anyway, the guy was wondering if I had a jack.  Honestly, I have one in the old car that's currently enveloped under tarp, so I told him no.  And that's been it.

---

I was going to blog about how long it has taken for the city to sweep the leaves off of our curbs.  It's gotten so late that I noticed after coming home from work that the huge pile of leaves that have accumulated at the end of the boundary of our house haven't been cleared.  It's getting cold, and snow is going to fall, and there are still leaves piling up without the city doing anything about it?

Well, the sweepers finally came through on ... Monday, I think?  But I couldn't tell when I came home that evening.  There were still those damn leaves past our curb.  I looked around; everybody else's curbs were a hell of a lot clearer.

This is why.  There's a big yellow car parked on our curb, right in front of our property.  It's been there since those neighbors had a weekend gathering where they had cars that filled up their driveway and spilled out onto the street.  Every other car has left, except this car.  And this car is parked at such a spot where the sweeper had to drive around it before getting back to the curb.  That is why all the leaves that are in front of our house are still in front of our house.  It's the fucking neighbor's fault.

I don't know how, but I know that the city is going to cite us in some way for those leaves.  Or, in my pissed and paranoid "fantasy," those goddamn neighbors are going to go to City Hall and complain about the leaves in front of the house -- the leaves that would have been swept up if not for their motherfucking car.  At any rate, the snow's going to fall and it's going to encase those leaves until the spring ... unless the car is still there then, forcing the sweeper to go around it a second time.

Why won't those assholes move that fucking car?

No comments:

Post a Comment