Monday, November 13, 2017

Damned Coincidence

So I finally ran into my sister-in-law this morning.  At the lobby, on our way up.  I wanted to be as vague as possible because I didn't really know how much time she had to talk and I didn't really know if she really wanted to talk.

Or, there are other theories.  I'll admit that I didn't really want to talk beyond generalities.  If they're still together, that meant that she dropped by the house the past few times without me being there, and maybe she's upset that I haven't made time to see her.  (That would also mean that she doesn't know that I am absolutely not going to see My Asshole Brother when he drops by.)  Or, maybe they're not together and she didn't want to talk about it.  Or maybe she's trying to keep it a secret; maybe that's why she spoke only in vague generalities, too.  (I'm totally imagining this divorce stuff, aren't I?)  You know, the more I think about it, the more likely she's mad at me.  I mean, I didn't even tell her I was working here.  I thought about it, but ultimately, not telling her was a sign meant to convey that I'm trying to cut My Asshole Brother out of my life.

You know, I wouldn't have seen her if I wasn't late to work.  I was late getting out of the house -- had to lotion up -- but I made such good time (and on a Monday morning!) that it only took me 18 minutes to go from 694 to 35WS.  But then I hit the 35WS-to-Crosstown East ramp and I got backed up for ten minutes, and I know for sure much of that was because that damned hauler changed lanes in front of me.  Cars cut into that lane before it splits off to Portland Ave. all the time, and of course they will cut in line in front of a big and slow car like a hauler.  I swear it would have only took me five minutes to get through that bottleneck if not for that, and so I would have been at the lobby five minutes earlier, and so I would have avoided that interaction, and so I would not be asking myself these questions to the point of paranoia.

No comments:

Post a Comment