Saturday, November 4, 2017

Hibernating Before Daylight Saving Time

So I just woke up this morning after sleeping a long, long time last (Friday) night.  I fell asleep listening to the Gopher men's hockey game on the radio around 8, then I woke up at some time to turn off the light, then I woke up again at 5:30 and, finally, after some more time awake, 8:15 or so.  I don't think I'll ever get the accurate amount, but I could have been asleep up to 12 1/2 hours, which matches the longest sleep I've ever had, which I've done twice, both back when I was in my twenties.

Yesterday evening I felt this drowsiness come over me, like someone heaped a blanket over my head before they kidnapped me.  I felt that several times since Labor Day.  Moreover, I have been able to take deep, satisfying naps several times since fall unofficially began.  It hasn't mattered if it was at work (although I've been plenty tired all three days at work) or when I wasn't working; I've been tired in the afternoon, so I close my eyes and I fall asleep.

All of this is before Daylight Saving Time, which happens tomorrow.  That's when, typically, my body shuts down come sundown, which will occur (assuming there is sunlight) at 4 o'clock.  But I don't know why my body is shutting down so early in the evening, or in the afternoon, for that matter.  It might be because of the dreary weather we've been having.  I'm not complaining about the cloudiness -- like I've said, I love cloudy fall days -- but I think sunshine would keep me awake and functioning.

Should exercise more to keep up my energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment