Friday, November 24, 2017

It's Time, Toothbrush, It's Time

I think it's been a week since I brushed my teeth.  Maybe more.  I don't say that proudly.  OK, maybe a little.  Just because I don't want to be a normie when it comes to personal hygiene.

Hey, I've been busy.  That's always been my excuse for not brushing my teeth, which I have done irregularly for most of my life.  You know, I'm busy, I'm tired, I forget, blah-blah-blah.  I know this has and will result in permanent damage of my teeth.  I don't think I can change, and I don't think I can come back from my recurring negligence.

But I'll give you another reason: The crap on my toothbrush.  I blogged about it around Labor Weekend, particularly that I will put up with the crap that has mysteriously formed a ring halfway down all the bristles and continue to use it until the indicator color starts to wear off.  Well, it's not wearing off.  Maybe those aren't indicator bristles after all.

But the gunk is still there, and it's gotten gross enough for me to finally trash it.  I don't know for how long I've used it; I think it's been more than six months, the usual period for a brush before it's recommended you throw it away, but probably a lot less than my preferred period.  But if I were honest with myself, I think I have not brushed as often as I could have, and certainly when it comes to the past week or so, if not for that crap.

Thanksgiving Night (yes, technically it's Friday morning, but since I haven't gone to bed for the night yet, I'll say it's Thanksgiving Night) is as good a time as any to lower the curtain on this otherwise trusty toothbrush.  After I blog about this, I will brush my teeth with that toothbrush, and then toss it into the garbage can and break open a new one.

Sorry, toothbrush, but it's time.  You've been a good one, though, and I thank you for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment