Sunday, June 16, 2019

In Another Example Of How People Are Stupid, And Maybe So Am I ...

... this afternoon I went to McDonald's.  The fast food restaurant is currently doing a "Worldwide Favorites" special where they sell four different items that are regulars in four different countries.  I have already tried the burger from Spain, which was delicious.  The fries from Australia and the dessert from the Netherlands will come later.  But after watching USWNT beat Chile this afternoon, I decided I wanted to eat the chicken sandwich from Canada, whatever it's called.

Went to the Mickey D's in Uptown.  Had not been there in a long time, and the first feeling I had in thinking about it is worrying about all the crazy bums who might be hitting me up for change.  That didn't happen; the place has been recently renovated and I had a clean (well, clean-ish) chair all to myself.  But the fuck-up was in the order: I got my Canadian chicken sandwich, but because I wanted a combo (or I tried to turn it into a combo; I did not see the menus offer it as part of a meal) I didn't get the fries in the bag that I paid for.  I gave them back to the people, one of them went to the fry station, and he gave me back the fries.

So I sat down and pulled out the fries and ... they were the small ones.  Now I will add that I asked, actually, for a small combo, and they said that a medium was the smallest combo they offered.  So small fries comes with the medium combo?  I paid just about the same price for this meal as I did for a "combo" featuring the Spanish burger, and I got medium fries from them then.  Or, more likely, this happened because they fucked up, either due to oversight, incompetence, laziness or contempt.

So, what did I do?  Well ... nothing.  Well, besides bitching about it here.  I have a million reasons why, all of them lame: I was to tired to kick up a fuss; I was kind of full from the beer while watching the soccer match; I didn't think the people who screwed up would care; I didn't want to make a scene.  Instead, I am going to do what I usually do -- eat it all quietly, depart quietly, then vow to never walk back into a McDonald's run with so much carelessness and stupidity again ... or until I forget what they did to me this afternoon.

I should also respond to the survey on the receipt, but nah, I'm too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment