Sunday, June 9, 2019

This Summer Night Is Scaring Me

So I took a quick nap tonight listening to the late-night UCLA-Michigan Super Regional baseball game on SiriusXM.  I wake up and, addicted like nobody's business, I scroll through my Twitter feed while lying on my bed.  I drop the phone, again.  (At some point I should blog post about how I am handling my new iPhone.)

I pick it up and go back to scrolling.  And then, out of nowhere, my bedroom door opens.  WTF?  The door opened so slowly that I expected some evil figure just standing at the doorway with a machete in its hand.  I swear I closed the door completely, but I got up to close it, and that was when I was sure that some beast was going to leap out and kill me.  But there was none, as evident by me blogging about my fear.

Going to the bathroom I heard the wind induce a creak in the floorboards of the house.  That only happens in the dead of winter.  But in the summer?

Frankly, I'm freaking out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment