Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Of All The Goddamn Times. ...

So at work yesterday I got an e-mail from one of my bosses asking if I could pull in a half-day Sunday and "make up for it" by taking half a day off later in the week.

Sunday is the day of my alumni club's big party.

But, because that party is happening so late into the afternoon, I was able to squeeze in 3 1/2 hours to work around the lunch hour.  Anything to prove I'm a team player!

And yet I don't know if I can pull this off.  I start work Sunday mid-morning, and it's less than a half-day, technically.  I needed that extra 30 minutes to get to the house and mentally prepare myself for the event, which begins at 3.  But I was really, really hoping I could just sleep in and even take a shower before heading to the party, and now I can't do that.  I'll have to shower (and shave) and then sleep in Saturday night.

You know, if it were any other Sunday -- any other goddamn Sunday -- I could help her out unequivocally.  But no, it had to be one Sunday the same day as the most important event on the alumni club calendar.  Just my fucking luck.  No one else gets screwed around like this, I swear. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment