Monday, June 10, 2019

So I went to get my blood drawn so I can get cheaper insurance through work, and it's at a hospital I've been to before, though I didn't realize it until I saw the same damn parking ramps where I would have to pay to get in.  One of my big pet peeves is paying to park.  I can't articulate why, but the notion of doing that is so galling to me that I often choose not to go somewhere if I have to pay in order to park.  The first time I went to this hospital/clinic I was so incensed about needing to shell out money that I decided to park at Southdale and walk the half-mile.  I wanted to do this this time, but I wanted to see Grandmother's best friend after this, and I didn't think I had to stand by my principles, so I decided to bite the bullet and park.

Then it turns out I'm not quite familiar with where I needed to go.  The clinic I was supposed to go today is actually different from the hospital/clinic I went to the first time I was in this area.  And when Waze pointed me to the right building, I went around the corner to the front door ... and saw spot after spot of free parking.

I'm out four dollars, but still, fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment