Sunday, June 30, 2019

I Think I'm Starting To Get The Hang Of Helping Out My Parents

Father this morning asked me to help them book a hotel in Venice.  Normally I would have freaked out on them, but I really had nowhere to go this morning, so I wanted to help.  It was a struggle at times trying to understand what they want and coaxing the right information from them so I could help them.  But after 90 minutes (and a mistake over sending a receipt to a correct e-mail address), I think I helped them get what they wanted.

My parents are getting better about understanding how much help they can lean on me for.  They thought it was OK to just leave things like they were, even though they also need my help booking a hotel in Barcelona, but there's time to do that.

On my way out to do things I want to do, Mother asks me for help booking a tour of Barcelona, where they'll be staying for a few days.  "Tonight, can you give us ..." and Mother said, "Two hours of your time?"  And I kind of freaked out -- "TWO HOURS?!?!?!"  I gave them almost two hours this morning, and they want another two?!  And then Mother backed off and I calmed down.  Helping them look for a tour shouldn't last two hours, and regardless, I have time to help them tonight.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment