Monday, July 1, 2019

I Keep Giving These Idiots A Chance -- Why?

So I got a coupon from Dunkin' Donuts because I answered a survey about how they ripped me off over overcharging me for coffee.  That coupon expires today, so I just went there to get my free donut with the purchase of a drink (and I bought another donut just because).

That drink was supposed to be a Blueberry Crisp Signature Latte -- hot.  It came iced.  I know, I know, #firstworldproblems.  But seriously, the moment I looked at the cash register girl I thought she was a lazy idiot, and she just assumed I wanted an iced latte when I didn't.  Plus it's rainy out, so why the fuck do I want an iced latte?

So, you may ask, why didn't I complain and refuse it?  You know, I think a part of me is a pussy, to be honest.  I just didn't want to be That Guy.  And I can see myself going back here again (I don't know if there's another Dunkin' anywhere near me), so I don't want to make too many waves.  Plus the iced latte was made well, and I don't want to waste a perfectly good latte just because it's not what I wanted, even though getting what you want is something you should be entitled to as a consumer.  

But it doesn't feel good to just take it, you know?  This the second time this place has fucked up.  The only recourse I feel I have is to, Christ, fill out another survey ... whereby I would get another coupon which I feel I would have to use at this place, a store that has screwed up my order twice now.

Why do I do this to myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment