Wednesday, July 31, 2019

A Towel Adds 1.4 Pounds

Went downstairs to shower in the master bathroom.  I mowed the lawn earlier this evening.

My parents have a scale.  After I took off all my clothes, I weighed myself: 169.6 lbs.

Showered.  Put a towel around my torso so I can put my clothes on dry.  Curious, I weighed myself again to see if the scale fluctuates in measuring: 171.0 lbs.

Strange.  That much?  But then I took my towel off and I weighed myself again: 169.6 lbs., again.

So a body towel adds 1.4 pounds.  Sheesh.  I didn't think a towel would weigh that much.

So every time I go in for a doctor's visit, and I'm asked to weigh in, I am probably, what, several pounds heavier than I actually am?  I get to take my shoes off before I go on that scale, but maybe I should take off all my clothes to get an accurate reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment