Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Dumb, Forgetful And Careless Me (Scheduled Post)

There is a report related to my alumni club I should have done almost four months ago.  I didn't think I needed to do it, and I got my answer from Los Angeles that I did need to do it after the event was over, so it was a case of out of sight, out of mind.  But this isn't what I'm blog posting about, even thought I just did.

I finally had the time to fill it out Monday night with the intention of going to the library last (Tuesday) night, scanning it and sending it.  And that is what I intended to do after I got home from work, ate delicious pho, surfed the Internet and thought about texting two strippers (one who I want to communicate with, one who I don't).  After evening rush thinned out, I went out to the library, reached into my bag ... and couldn't find this report I filled out.  And that's when I forgot that I stuffed this report in my computer bag and not my bag bag.

I remember when I stuffed it into my computer bag that I talked to myself about taking it out and putting it into my bag bag before I went to the library the next day.  And I had all the time in the world to do that after dinner and before I left.  But I didn't.  And the worst part is is that I didn't even think of checking.

These are the times when I say to myself, "What the fuck are you doing?!"

My plan was to watch the Brazil-Argentina Copa America Semi-Final after I got done at the library.  With me forgetting this report, I thought I would just not panic; I'm already four months late with this, so what's another day?  But I'm busy going to the United FC match tonight, and then I can't go Thursday because it's Independence Day and all the libraries are closed.  I could do it Friday, but I figure that the person I need to send this report to probably will take the rest of the week off.  Do I just do it Friday anyway?  Do it Monday?

Finally, after all this self-hate, once I got home I gave into self-guilt.  I was going to lie to my parents that I needed to re-do the thing I initially went to the library to do the first time, but I went back to just fuckin' scan this thing because I meant to do it last/Tuesday night.  Meant that I couldn't see the entire soccer match straight through, but hey, I was able to see the only Goals (both by Brazil) in the Semi.  Plus this, uh, "oversight" was going to hang on my conscience if I didn't just swallow my pride and go back out to the library for the second time in 90 minutes.

Could've saved myself a bit of grief if I had just fucking put that report in my bag bag though, like I tried to remind myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment