Thursday, July 25, 2019

Disappointed In Myself

I am getting more and more frustrated at work, to be honest.  I am seeing clearly more and more that there are disadvantages of being a jack-of-all-trades.  While it's probably good for my "career" to be cross-trained and that flitting around from place to place at least makes things interesting, my inability to drill down at a certain job because I'm being pulled to another place means I can't really get the nuances of a job down.  Therefore, I keep forgetting.

I was scanning today.  Surprised the hell out of me, but the person who was supposed to be on the afternoon shift took the day off, so even though I jumped in to help at lunch, I was told that I was doing it!  The forgetting part I'm alluding to above ... well, let's just say I caught something, but I forgot that I had to do something further with that.  Before I would have forgotten the first part, but still, not doing everything I needed to do is something I feel I should have known by now, but I totally blew past it.

Add to that the mountains of folders I needed to scan, which was a pain in the ass.  At one point I was trying to prepare each folder to scan that I was told by my supervisor there were no forms from which to key information, so I needed to stop preparing and start scanning.  That feels like another thing I should have known already -- reading the workflow to make sure my co-workers weren't idling.  I was overwhelmed, sure, but I don't think my bosses care either way.

I'm in filing tomorrow and another department Saturday.  Wonder what I will forget the next two days ... and then I'll wonder what I'll forget when I circle back to scanning since I've been in other places the previous two work days.

No comments:

Post a Comment