Friday, December 20, 2019

Still Behind

My sister and brother-in-law are going to be coming home in a week and I have barely begun to do all the things I need to do.  I'm still up getting my sis' sheets cleaned, per her request.  But everything else that should be done -- getting the sheets on her bed, picking my stuff up from everywhere, cleaning both yards of snow -- I haven't even started.

How in the hell did I get so behind?  Was it just work?  Was it the shifting to 9-5:30 the past couple weeks?  Was it the annoying snow we had a couple weeks ago, where it was just a couple inches and I got busy so I thought, "Well, if I can drive on it, why shovel?"  Probably all of it.

I'm still tired and I have to go to work anyway.  And then I can't come home because I'm having my annual night out with my friend to see the British Advertising Awards (aka The Arrows) and then we're driving all the way out to St. Paul for dinner.  And I haven't even shaved or showered.  Will he notice?  Will he care?

I'm rambling.  Need to stop and just blog this.

No comments:

Post a Comment