Monday, December 9, 2019

Snow's Fucking Up My Plans Again

Mondays are my day off.  There are a lot of things I could do -- visit this law firm to start up my wills; visit Grandmother's best friend and wish her Merry Christmas; help my stripper friend take her sick pet to the free vet for a diagnosis; or fuck a couple women.

But I can't do that today, because a snowstorm's coming in.  It's not going to be heavy, just two-to-four inches, according to the weather people.  And it is coming on my day off, which in some ways is better; it could be absolute hell getting to or from work, say.  I will have time to shovel (and hopefully not plow).

But that's the thing.  I would much rather spend my free time doing stuff I like, or stuff I need to do, than to bleeping shovel.  Such as it is, I need to center my day around shoveling snow.  I cannot do anything until it's cleared off my driveway, and then I need to gauge whether or not it's safe to drive on it.  Once I've done the former and determined I can do the latter, well, the world's my oyster, I guess, but then how much time do I have to do the things I want?

The thing I guess I could knock out are getting my shoes shined and going downtown to see EPL.  But those are two recurring things I could do, say, next Monday.  Then again, doing these two things now lets me do the above things next Monday ... assuming there's no damn snow to shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment