Friday, December 13, 2019

I Will Miss It Back There

Today is my last day of filling in at my favorite department over the last three (or was it two?) weeks.  And just like I told a guy I work with yesterday (Thursday), there are many reasons to like it, at least for me:

  • I usually work in a hallway, where people walk behind me.  I'm always scared I'll get caught looking on the Internet by one of those people;
  • I physically feel safer in this department.  It's at the curled end of a room, and so it's walled off.  There are two people in that area of the room and there are blinders that can let the light in.  But other than that, I feel secluded and not exposed;
  • I am largely left to my own devices.  There's no supervisor to tell me what to do or show me an error while typing;
  • And I think I know about this department a little more than all the other ones.  I still ask questions, but I'm not as lost in this department as opposed to my default department.
Add the easygoing vibes of the people back there and honestly, if I could be full-time back there, I'd do it.  I just ... like it there.

And pretty soon I'll be spat back out in Data Entry, hoping I'll be back in that department again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment