Monday, December 16, 2019

Bad Driver: AFS 655 (Dark Camry ... Young Woman)

I'll be honest with you: What you did, speeding up to get in front of me so you (well, we) could take the right-turn lane, is something I've done often.  And it's not the most egregious of offenses, especially since you did turn on your signal.  I appreciate that.  In retrospect, I do.

It's just that, when someone cuts in front of me like that, I am absolutely dreading that you are going where I am going.  And goddammit, we were both going to the bank.  And on top of that, you went to the same entrance, and the same side of the building where I usually park.  So that's what I parked next to you.  Well, that and I wanted to show you up.  Passive-aggressively, of course.

Now, did you stay in the car because you were afraid of me?  See, the way you were driving, I was afraid of you.  Maybe that's why neither of us got out of our cars.  But then it dawned on me: If you were seeking a confrontation, or if I got triggered if you stepped out of your car, then what?  What would be the purpose of us going into the bank at the same time after your provocation?  There is no purpose.  So I left to end this awkwardness.  I had to get your license plate in case you want to come for me, of course.  But hopefully you'll never pull that bullshit on me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment