Thursday, December 19, 2019

In Bloom (Was?)

My Father has about ten to a dozen plants.  By the way My Fucking Father has bitched at me about how to water them while they're gone, I think he loves those plants more than me.

There is a big, potted plant whose name escapes me.  My Father loves this one in particular because, once in a while, it pops a stem of flowers that, at its peak, emanates a very fragrant scent.  He might think it brings him luck.  Could be a Chinese thing.

I've seen this bloom once before.  Well, starting about, oh, I want to say the 4th or the 5th, it bloomed again.  You know, just a couple of stems with balls of blooming things on them yay apart.  And it gave out a scent.  Hoo, yes it did.  It at first was fragrant.  Then, maybe because it was past its peak, the scent got foul but not weaker.  I could enter through the front door after work and breathe in, and the scent would be borderline noxious to the point my head would whip back.  I guess that means I'm watering it right, Father.  In fact, I feel as though that if I had the time to water that plant in the morning, I would smell it after coming home from work at night.

Still is fragrant, a little.  A few days ago I saw the spindly petals on the floor.  It's looking more brown than white, the bloom.  It doesn't have a long life cycle, but I don't remember it being long the first time it bloomed.

To everything there is a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment