Monday, December 30, 2019

Working Saturday, Working Monday

Saturday was great.  Had the department all to myself.  The work did not last the day for most, but I, thankfully, am not most.  Other people were let go while I was asked to switch departments and do clean-up work.  With that, I barely got done with everything I had to do at my first department, actually.  So while it was unusual, I liked how that day worked out.

Monday was ... eh.  Work was also slow today.  We were reaching down to find stuff to do.  I was fortunate enough to be moved to another department where there was work, and that made the morning fly by.  Later, I moved back to where I was supposed to be, and while waiting for the work we had to do, we were making boxes.  Yep, making boxes.  What I was not looking forward to the most on Mondays, going to the lab, was something that I actually did at the tail end of my workday (it is projected to be the thing I do the first half of the day).  That made the day palatable, but I once again I stumbled trying to gear up that I literally processed only one form before I had to leave.  Maybe it's better to end my day like that than to spend 3-4 hours there working till I die of boredom, but like I said before, if I'm going to be there, I might as well learn how to do the work in there.

I was told by everyone there today that my Monday-Friday schedule is something to be coveted.  OK, I'll tough it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment