Saturday, January 9, 2021

Expenses Without Receipts

OK, jumping on this a bit sooner, as I should.

Starting from Friday, January 8:
  • Didn't spend anything on the 8th, but on Thursday the 7th, I went over to ******a's for a massage I arranged on the fly because I got cut from work early.  I got cut from work early the day before and texted her to get a massage that afternoon, but she only got back to me on that text the day next day, just as ... you know, I want to blog post about this.  I'll just say that because ******a asked me to help her set up some new e-mail accounts, she slashed this session half-off, so: $40.
  • And then on Wednesday the 6th, with the afternoon in front of me, and with ******a not quickly responding to my texts, I went to Glam Doll.  The past couple times they were sold out and closed, but on this afternoon they were open.  And, according to the guy I've seen there for a long time, business was not good.  In fact, he said that, even though he had about a half-hour left, he was going to close after I left.  And then he offered to just give me the donut I wanted.  I then felt generous and doubled my usual tip.  And then I thought, and then I looked at the description card to see how much the donut cost ... and it cost the same amount as the tip I gave.  I mean, I shouldn't bitch about this too much, but if someone is going to give me free food, shouldn't I keep some of the money that essentially was handed back to me?  Oh, I threw in: $2.
  • OK, back to New Year's Eve, where I spent my afternoon (had the day off) at Southdale.  I went there Christmas Eve, as I usually do, and saw that the H&M store there was going to close in mid-January.  I remember going to Southdale some time ago and just happening to come upon this H&M on its grand opening, which was not too long ago.  It's sad that even a large store has to shut its doors after only a few years.  I felt obligated to buy something then to celebrate the occasion, and even though I couldn't find anything to buy on Christmas Eve, I made a point to drive all the way down there, through roads that still were pretty icy from the rain that froze on contact and the snow, again to at least find something to buy.  (I bought khakis.  Fitting rooms are closed because of the pandemic, so I hope it fits me.)  And then I decided to go to this restaurant I've seen and never eaten from: Deleo Bros. pizza.  Charged a pizza slice (mmmm ... haven't had pizza in a long time) but gave a tip in cash: $1.
  • To Tuesday, December 29 ... oh yeah, this is the week where I worked Sunday to Wednesday, and from Monday to Wednesday I was working second shift.  So I got up around 9, then went to get my shoes shined at Lisa's.  Immediately after I saw my left shoe frost up.  I should go into details in a future blog post, so I'll just say that I paid Lisa, with tip: $15.
  • I then went to get my hair cut.  I thought I last got it cut earlier in December; didn't seem too long ago.  But my hair was getting long, annoyingly so, and so I decided I was going to brave close contact with someone and get it chopped off.  Charged the cut, but because the woman cutting my hair was so nice and engaging I gave her a tip of: $5.
  • Then went to get COVID-19 tested in Brooklyn Park.  The spitting kind, which I thought was hard the first time I did it, but ... you know, have I talked about this?  I don't think so, so maybe this would be another good blog post in the future!  Anyway, I got done, went back into my car, then went to Subway to buy a sub and Coke, both of which I would consume at work the next day.  It was cold enough whereby I left my sub in my car overnight.  Yeah, temperatures were below freezing, but it still was edible!  Charged the two items, but threw in a tip of: $2.
ETA at 12:49 a.m. on January 10 that I am good through January 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment