Thursday, February 2, 2023

Death By One Cut

It is winter, so my skin gets real dry, and oftentimes it's so dry that I get cuts on my hands when I deal with paper at work.  Such was the case yesterday/Wednesday, when I used the side of my hand to clear away the part of the page I was going to write on, and somehow the edge of the end of the paper sliced into me.

I went to wash my hands to prepare for getting a Band-Aid to cover up my cut, which was bleeding a bit when I reached my company's first aid kit.  However, I did a dumb thing when I opened up a bandage: As I was tearing off the white strips of paper that was sticking to both ends of the Band-Aid, I put my finger on the sterile white pad.  Now I had just washed my hands, but I also used my left hand to open up the wall kit (the cut's on the outside of my right hand).

So, if I wake up with bumps and swelling up my right arm, it's because I inadvertently allowed a parasitic virus to enter my bloodstream so it could give me sepsis.  If I die, just want to tell you all how and why.

No comments:

Post a Comment