Monday, February 27, 2023

Fuck You, AXS

I just tried buying a ticket to the Big Ten Women's College Basketball Tournament Championship Game, which is on Sunday.  There were tickets to be had, and they were cheap, too -- twenty bucks for a conference title Game?  I'm surprised they aren't more.

But they are more, because I forgot all those goddamn service fees.  Those three motherfucking fees -- a "handling" fee, a "processing" fee, and a "web convenience" fee -- were almost, almost as much as the price of the fucking ticket itself.  So what initially was only $20 was very close to $40.  I have heard of tickets for concerts doubling in price after you add in fees, but a part of me still can't quite believe that any company would be so fuckin' brazen to double the cost of a ticket.

But that's fucking Ticketmaster for you.  Except that it's not Ticketmaster that's fucking me.  It's AXS, and I swear I thought Ticketmaster was the parent company of AXS.  Not so.  Ticketmaster is owned by LiveNation, and AXS by AEG.  Totally different companies, but totally colluding when it comes to jacking up the price of a ticket to an event with exorbitant and obscenely unnecessary fees.

All these fees are bullshit.  But if I had to pick out the worst of the three, it'd be the "web convenience" one, because that fee in and of itself is almost ten bucks.  I think I can avoid that if I go to the Target Center box office.  It'll be a pain in the ass to drive to downtown from work, and to do so in the middle of rush hour.  Plus, I don't know if I'll be able to make it before they close down the box office at 6 today/Monday.  But if it saves me $10, the hassle and the price for parking will be worth it.  Paying twice as much for a ticket to a Game is unfair and goddamn absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment